Filed underNew Sky News
Tricia and Megan had a great show Wednesday. Their topic was Valentines Day, Romance and cooking that special dinner for your special someone. This weeks debate was about foods being Aphrodisiac’s. All I can say is many Oysters were eaten during the show. I don’t want to say the best part of the show was the end. But when it comes to cooking, they end is always desert.
This weeks desert was Fennel Pollen Spice Cake.
NO CHEF’S ALLOWED
Fennel Pollen Spice Cake
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fennel pollen or fennel seeds ground to a powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter a 10-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a stand mixer if you have one, in a large bowl if you don’t, for about
- 30 seconds. Add the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is frothy.
- Beating all the while — keep the mixer on if using — drizzle in the olive oil slowly.
- Turn the mixer off and gently fold in the fennel pollen.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg-oil mixture just until it is combined. Don’t over
- mix, or the cake will be dry and tough.
- Pour into square pan or HEART SHAPED for Valentines’ Day and bake 35-40 minutes, or until a knife blade stuck into its center
- comes out clean.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top